Wednesday, July 16, 2008

good morning san jose

I found an insta friend, his name is mark. he was sitting beside me at the computer yesterday, and we went to dinner at an italian restaurant. I had the pizza, pretty good. After I came back and there was a note from Maire with my key. I went to knock on her door, but she wasn't there. I then asked the hotel man for her brothers room number, and he gave it to me... nice to know they have strict privacy laws. I went to their room, and heard snoring, so didn't want to disturb. Finally, I went to the computers and low and behold found maire. She was happy to see me as the front desk told her I had yet to arrive. Then, it was bed time...at 10 pm, I was tired. This morning I woke up ridiculously early, and took a hot shower. I"d reccommend this hotel, Hotel Aranjuez. It is a good mix of people of all ages, roughly 30 dollars a night, clean, and comfy. It's loud in the hallways, but luckily I sleep pretty heavily. I almost tripped on the stair outside my door, but that's just me being clumsy. The strange thing is that the tv here is mostly in English, about 99 percent, and the rest is in Chinese, there's maybe one spanish channel. Currently, I"m watching Dazed and Confused on TNT. Breakfast is from 7 to 9. I hear there are omlets, fruit, and pancakes. Not bad. As an update - my eye doesn't seem to be going blind from the hydrogen peroxide incident... this is a good thing. I'm still sticking to glasses. Also- it's cold in San Jose. Good thing I have multiple scarves.


*did I mention yesterday that at the airport, I asked how to get to San Juan, instead of San Jose, the tour info girls looked at me kind of funny before I realized my error.

No comments: