Monday, July 21, 2008

Chema, my new friend...

maire and I's day of lounging was well worth it. The sun came out and we made our way to the beach. After we had lunch and met up with the rest of the group that got back from the ATV tour. As it was saturday, we made our way out for the night. We went to a taco bar and then ran into the irish lads we met the night before. We went to a place called the jungle bar and stayed there for a bit. Eventually, it was just Mairead, Trevor, myself and the 3 other irish guys. We closed down the bar and headed to a sketchy dance club close to where we were the night before. We were offered drugs multiple times and the boys were propositioned by a transvestite prostitute, but no pasa nada. We stayed and danced for a bit, but there's actually not much dancing here for being a latin american country. People just kind of stood around and swayed. Maybe they were just super impressed with my dancing and felt intimidated. Anyway, we finally made it home, even though the cabby overcharged me (1.20 instead of the usual 1.00). Even though we arrived home late, I awoke at about 6:30 am because the usually ACed house, was steamy. When I checked the thermostat, someone had turned the heat on. We believe it's the tailless gecko that also inhabits the house. The first part of the day was spent laying out by the pool. Then Sean, Pat, James and I went to the beach to surf. Sean and I discovered a delicious (and cheap) colombian restaurant which has become my new favorite place in jaco. We made our way back to the beach, and after a nice siesta I tried surfing. Unfortunetly, I believe my career in professional surfing is over before it has even begun. I'll survive. Eventually we made it back to the house, and I bought some new clothes at the Maxibodega (the local supermarket) now I look really stylish. We picked up carry out from the colombian place, also some KFC and subway for the others and ate in. Quite nice. Today, after 11 hours of sleep, and some major indecision, we went horseback riding. My horse (ie the best one) was named Chema. The trip included a bbq at the top, and when we asked the guide if there was a vegetarian option, he said, 'how about chicken then.' I ended up eating 2 cobs of corn. at the top of the mountain we had a 360 degree view of the area. It was gorgeous. Now that we're back and horse sweaty, I think it's time for some ice cream.

No comments: