Sunday, July 27, 2008
the best ferry ever.
today, after going to bed about 3 or 4 (i don{t have a watch) I woke up at 6, then at 7 and then 8 because I was worried i would miss my 10:30 transfer. at 8 I decided i{d get up and pack and then have breakfast. I waited at the hostel and chatted with mauricios and hugo some more and also this girl who is studying to be a documentarian (some one who makes documentaries). I finally had to say goodbye and it was sad. I liked montezuma a lot, and didn{t get to explore as much as i would have liked too. The only thing i didn{t like is that more people smoked cigarettes there than any other place I traveled. And, although it was different than jaco in that no one offered me drugs (which got to be annoying in jaco), there was a lot of drug consumption in the street, at all hours. But, it{s not really in an invasive way, so I just add that as a warning, that perhaps it{s not totally a family place necessarily. Anyway, I got on the transfer and met this german guy that actually works for accenture. he was surfing. I was convinced the trip would take 3 or 4 hours. 1 hour to the ferry, 1 hour on the ferry and another hour- hour and a half to san jose. we left at 10:30 and didn{t get here till 5:30, so my calculations were somehow skewed. Either way, the german and I chatted a bit and the ferry was the best ferry i have ever been on. It was rather large with food and drink places on all levels and on the top level...they had kareoke! I was entertained the entire time, there were some really talented ferry riders and the beer was cheaper than any other place in costa rica. I could imagine just riding the ferry for pure entertainment. Most of the songs were ballad like that almost everyone knew, there were some american college kids who are studying in san jose who sang my girl. They were nice and invited me to come sing margaritaville with them, but the boat docked before i had my chance. and I do love a good kareoke. Anyway, now I{m in san jose, which i find more than a bit dodgy, but this hotel is super nice. quite a contrast to the 8 by 8 room with only a bed from last night. tomorrow it will be sad to leave, i hope i make it on a flight though...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment