Wednesday, June 13, 2007

up to no good...

First of all, kareoke was wonderful last night, I think I have found a new hobby. I didn´t get to sing any Journey as planned, but there were some great renditions of Celia Cruz, Destiny´s Child and Shakira. In other news, I got a tatoo yesterday. (ok, this is where the parents can stop freaking out) it´s henna, but I still feel pretty cool. We got home from Kareoke pretty late, and I´m amazed I was able to make it to my dance class this morning. I was very excited because it was labeled at ´zumba´and ´baila.´ I arrived at the class and it had the same instructor as yesterday (the one who knows I can´t dance). It was fairly crowded filled with about 20 people, all women, the majority in their 50´s. We started out slowly, stretching with the beat and when the stretching part was over we went to get chairs. (chairs?) I was confused and thought that perhaps I had misunderstood, but, following the crowd I went and got my chair. About 20 seconds into the song I realized that this was the "estrip tease" baila class. So there I was, surrounded by madres with this instructor (male and straight) doing the best stripper coreography I have seen (though, admittingly, I´m not well versed). He looked very stripper like. Anyway, not as to allow you guys to think that I´m scandalous, I realized I might as well stay and dance because 1) I was in a gym NOT a strip club, so it seemed more reputable and 2) I was surrounded by women older that me (and my mom). So yes, I stayed and danced. The sad part is that the madres were way better than me. I think the best part of the class was dancing to the Backstreet boys "everybody," right said fred "I´m too sexy" and Shania Twain´s "Man, I feel like a woman." So, if anyone needs pointers on this specific style of dance, I can let you know what I learned. I hope friday´s dance class is salsa, because I think that would be more useful, but who knows.

4 comments:

Jeff said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jeff said...

Sounds like rita might be creeping back onto the scene...hehe. Check out Diarmo's blog. There was a sweet entry about crossing a desert. Ciao.

Jeff said...

by the way...figure out the photos thing. I want pictures.

A. Campbell said...

Claire-

Hola. espero que todo este bien.
I am in stitches reading your posts. Really, I can close my eyes and just imagine all these things. While I am here with the army in southern georgia (which also provides some entertainment), your posts are keeping me in good spirits. keep em coming!