Tuesday, June 12, 2007

lack of pictures...disgraceful, i know

You may notice a lack of pictures, this isn´t because I haven´t tried. There´s something strange with the internet, it doesn´t like me uploading pictures. So, I´m hoping to find a place with faster internet, but until then, please enjoy the following keys from the keyboard: ççççççñññññññ¡¡¡¡¿¿¿¿¿¿ aren´t those fun? Anyway, yesterday things improved imensely. 1) I wasn´t shot 2) I joined a gym 3) I got a new ´cultural assistant´4) I got a cell phone. Ok, so I know the whole gym and cell phone thing may seem a bit like selling out in a way, but I was experiencing serious exercise and phone withdrawl. I am now a member of Gold´s Gym...here they call it Gym Gold (pronounced Jim Goal, said quickly with a mexican accent). I started running (even though the treadmills are no match for trails) and taking classes. The man who taught the pilates class today was the most graceful and flexible man I have ever seen. We did bar work (think ballet, not serving drinks) and he was just flowing around meanwhile the whole class starred at me when my foot landed on the bar ( I had to lift it with my hands) and made a really loud crashing noise...he asked me if I´ve ever taken ballet or dance before, he didn´t look surprised when I said no. My new cultural assitant friend seems really nice. Her name is Beatriz and she studies medicine. I think we were meant to be because when the subject of Harry Potter (the new movie) came up, she invited me to come with her at 12:01am to see the first showing. As for the phone, I feel cool walking down the street with all this technology. My phone is quite small with a color screen. I say color screen, yet it is just a sticker they put inside the phone, it doesn´t change really and you can always see it. It´s of a guy with a sea kayak by a tropical island, could be worse. Anyway, last night we saw a presentation of folk dance with a receptions of free wine and mini cheeseburgers after. Then we went to a little cafe which I loved called Cubanitas (so it was cuban...the decor was wonderful and the mojitos pretty good too). Tonight we are going to a cafe called Chibas and then to sing kareoke. I can´t wait.


oh, and I have my first class tonight. I totally forgot that I´m in school.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Claire, you did take dance class! Ballet and jazz....back in the '80's, we have pictures!